There are two primary customer groups with a need for the AES-IntelliNet wireless mesh network solution.
Central Monitoring Stations and Alarm Dealers
Alarm Dealers sell and service commercial and residential intrusion and fire alarm systems, which are typically monitored 24 X 7 by either an affiliated or independent Central Monitoring Station. In the life safety market, including fire & security alarm monitoring, seconds count. Traditionally, alarm signals communicate by telephone company wire line, cellular, or private wireless communications services to the central station which monitors customers’ alarms.
However many customer needs have emerged which can be solved by wireless mesh networks offered by AES-IntelliNet:
- Network stability. AES-IntelliNet networks are not subject to evolutionary infrastructure changes, such as GSM and 3G.
- Protection against line cuts and failures.
- Faster response to critical event alarms by avoiding “dial-up” time.
- Assured reliability of communications by having multiple communication paths with smart routing.
- Installation of service immediately to gain Certificate of Occupancy for new buildings.
In addition, AES-IntelliNet allows alarm dealers and central stations to increase revenue without increasing customer bills by collecting the alarm communications revenue that would have typically been a pass-through from the phone carrier.
Proprietary Users are entities such as municipalities, large corporations, military bases, and universities that have a number of alarms to monitor in their network of buildings. Rather than contract with an Alarm Dealer and Central Monitoring Station (above), they choose to monitor with their own 24 X 7 security office.
Proprietary Users have the need to:
- Reduce their operating budgets by eliminating monthly communications charges
- Reducing operation and maintenance costs.
- Avoid the significant cost of digging and trenching required by wired solutions.